Although I have LOVED the weather this summer and being able to fully embrace my summer wardrobe, I am definitely twitching to get into my autumn clothes, boots and coats already!
I started my autumn shopping quite a few weeks ago, paying particular attention to knitwear. I always feel as if I don’t own enough knitwear which I can just throw on. I have bought a couple of cosy styles, fitted and oversized numbers to kick start mine and probably every other fashion bloggers favourite season. Personally I love layering, lengths and textures for autumn and I feel like I can create more versatile looks.
I have invested in two coats, one which you may have seen on my Instagram stories – a rusty longline oversized coat from Primark. I am so in love with it and can’t wait to wear it all season with jeans, skirts and anything else going. The rust tone is very on trend and falls into the palette of the season and will sit well against other colours such as olive green. I also invested in a longline leopard print coat a few weeks ago from New Look because who can really have enough leopard print?! I may be limited with what I can wear with this coat but at least it adds style to casual looks and I might even try to clash it with some check print if it works. Now I can’t stop thinking about whether I need to invest in a black coat or not…
Alongside this, I have bought some ankle boots, one pair in snake print and another in leopard print which I will use to jazz up the classic jeans and a jumper look. Who can really have enough animal print though?
This is a not a time to panic, rather plan what you want to wear this season and start purchasing the key pieces to formulating those looks. This is just a savvy start for me but soon enough I will be buying more knitwear, because you really can’t have enough, jeans and I’m sure a black skirt will fall into my shopping bag somewhere along the way.
You can expect a lot of things to be ruling this autumn’s style, below are just a few of my favourite styles which I will be looking to channel:
- Neutral hues such as beige, camel, rust and brown. These tones really brighten simple outfits and add warmth to your style. Perfect for the cosiest season.
- Coats – I don’t think you feel prepared for autumn unless you have a statement coat to wear and that includes your worn coats too! Investing in a coat allows you to decide exactly what sort of look you want to create for the forthcoming seasons. I love longline coats as they elongate my figure and make outfits appear classy and timeless.
- Florals – this print never goes out of fashion and if you pick your print right it can become a signature style of yours.
- Animal print – I can’t get enough of this print! I love how bold or subtle you can be with the style too and it always comes back every autumn/ winter which is great! If you’re unsure about trying this trend then why not try buying small pieces such as a small leopard print cross body bag or statement chunky belt to start.
- Scarf print – Think Versace, the bolder and the brighter! I love scarf print pieces especially a blouse, it can really take an outfit from a 4 to a 10. The end of summer sales is probably the perfect time to scan sale rails to pick up a printed top or skirt which you can style as a transeasonal piece. Tip: a mustard tone would work well as a colour to wear all year round.
That is just a snapshot of a few of the pieces I am loving for this autumn, but be prepared to see more styles over the next few weeks.
You can see more outfit posts over on my Instagram.